Wednesday, October 12, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesdays

I am a little late getting this post together.   Better late than never?  My 13 month old has recently decided that she doesn't want 2 naps a day anymore.  Today we are trying 1.  Wish us luck.


Red Rising by Pierce Brown
I was in the mood for a total escape and adventure.  This is a dystopian sci-fi trilogy.  It is pretty brutal with violence and language, but it is the perfect escape after a long mom day.  It has me totally engrossed and sucked into this multi-tiered hierarchy spanning Earth, Mars, and into the whole solar system.  A wild ride!

Source
Source
Eyes Unveiled by Crystal Walton
I am still enjoying this fun,  lighthearted read.   Ebooks are a little tougher for me to get to during my large chunks of time so I'm not getting through it as quickly as I would like.  Plus the contemporary college day trials are exactly the things I struggled with.  Right now, it's not exactly the escape that I'm looking for at the end of the day, but I'm still enjoying it in little pieces as I have time to fit it in during the day.

Eyes Unveiled (Unveiled #1)
Source
Completed

I did get all the way through The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.   My Goodreads's account is linked to the side of the blog *upper right* if you'd like to see my final review on it.

The Paris Wife
Source
What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. How did you like The Paris Wife? I haven't read it, but it's been on my radar for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really well written, but not for me. The cavalier way they treated marriage was just too depressing for me.

      Delete
    2. Too bad. I think I'll skip it then.

      Delete
  2. I have been meaning to try that trilogy by Pierce Brown but review books keep getting in my way. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm itching to get through my library hold book so I can go pick up the 2nd one. Very addictive!

      Delete
  3. I had mixed feelings about the Paris Wife. Hadley was a sympathetic but somewhat irritating character to me. Good picks this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete