Friday, September 30, 2016

Favorites on Friday

1. Autumn!  Monday a cool front rolled in all nonchalant like with a few rain drops, but like it was no big deal.  It was a big deal!  Those 90F+ days were getting old.  Mornings are now in the mid50s and highs in the high 70s or low 80s.  Thank you!  And finally!

Nothing is more American than an old pickup driving down a country road filled with pumpkins, apples and straw.:
Source

2. This relatively new Yoga with Adriene video.



Every single day my life is a little different or a lot different from the one that came before.  Habits change as quickly as my toddler's moods.  In other words, hourly, sometimes every few seconds.  To say I have a habit or routine seems silly and like I'm jinxing it.

I have, however, been in a good flow with a few minutes of morning yoga and at least five minutes of yoga as soon as the little one is put to bed.  This is mandatory on Sundays through Thursdays in the evening.  More than five minutes is great, but I have to do at least five minutes.

This video is longer, but it's super gentle and a very sweet way to end the day if you're looking for mostly stretching and being easy with yourself.

3. Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson

I have the hardest time finding children's board books that I love.  Maybe it's because I end up reading the ones we buy 5,000 times or because I think it's CRAZY to spend more than $5 on a board book.  That means I buy a lot of used children's books.  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.  We happened to be out and about without enough nap time reads... blasphemy in my family and splurged on a few new ones.  This was one, and I LOVE it.

It rhymes.  I want my toddler stories to sound like poetry and be fun to read.  It has a cute, sweet story about inclusion.  No bullies or meanies in this story except the actual fire breathing dragon.  Gold star, Donaldson.  I must go get her other one.

Room on the Broom
Source

4. Shameless Plugs!  Go check out my newest novel Autumn Leaves.  It's a clean romance which basically means a sweet love story about a small town girl and a soldier minus the explicit scenes and cursing.

Autumn Leaves
Go Get Here


2 comments:

  1. I agree that the 90 degree days were getting old. I'm usually not a huge fan of fall only because it means winter is coming, but this year I'm really welcoming the cooler air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reveled in summer until school was back in session. Then, I was ready for the next season.

      Delete