Monday, February 1, 2016

Things That Are Saving My Life Right Now

I'm joining up with Anne over on Modern Mrs. Darcy with this post.

what's saving my life
Source

Winter months are tough for me.  I love seasons, and I love a decent dash of snow for a small amount of time.  I like steely skies and bare trees.    I like warm, crackling fires and a hot mug of cocoa or tea.  I like bundling up in sweats ALL day with no guilt.

Because I like all these things, I am not inclined to desire a warmer locale.  In fact, we lived in Monterey, California for just over a year, and for the most part, I found the lack of seasons oppressive.

Rain drops.:
Source

However, I like winter and summer for about six weeks before I'm ready for the next season.  I find myself a little ridiculous in that I love the change of seasons, but in general, hate change.  No telling what that's about.

I'm not sure I have any real perspective on the doldrums of winter just yet as our 8 inches of snow last weekend turned into 65F sunny weather this weekend.  With a 20 week old baby whom I don't take out much, these are the things getting me through right now.

One.  Trashy and not so trashy television.

The Evolution of Television Sets - http://www.fastcodesign.com/3033336/infographic-of-the-day/how-the-television-has-evolved:
Source

It's a little ridiculous that it takes me nearly all day to get through one hour long episode, but it's just the reprieve I need while giving the little her bottle or bouncing her to sleep.  On the queue are generally Keeping Up With the Kardashians (the trashiest!), Downton Abbey, Just Jillian (I haven't quite decided if I like it or not yet), Hollywood's Medium, Long Island Medium, Fixer Upper, and Mercy Street.

All of this is brought to you care of our DVR without which I would likely just watch the Kardashian channel... aka E!.

Two. Winter Shape Up workouts.

2016shapeup general 2
Source

I love Gina's variety of workouts and having the structure of a pre-planned schedule.  Plus I love all the support and love from all the other ladies also doing Winter Shape Up.

Three. Switching rooms.

love is... holding the whole world in your arms...
Source

This one is probably a little silly, but I've noticed that me and little one need to rotate rooms in the house periodically throughout the day since we can't spend more than a few minutes outside on typical days.  We just need new things to look at.

What helps you get through winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment