Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Library Dilemmas

The day before yesterday I got the dreaded email: Your items are due in 3 days.  Ugg.

After a change in the baby's sleeping pattern and my workout routine, my reading has taken a sharp decline.  As a result, I had only gotten through 1 checked out book and half way through 2 others of the four I had nabbed at the beginning of January.

This looks like a place where I would love to spend the afternoon.:
Source

I HATE dealing with a book I've only gotten halfway through when it's due date rolls around.  I also HATE dealing with no books at home or waiting through the day for my husband to return books back to me.

This got me thinking about my check out strategy.  At the beginning of the month, it seemed like a fantastic idea to max out my allowance to reduce library visits as the twenty week old baby makes trips out a little challenging especially in the middle of winter.

"Snow was falling, so much like stars filling the dark trees that one could easily imagine its reason for being was nothing more than prettiness.” ~Mary Oliver:
Source

Now, I'm rethinking it and considering a more staggered check out schedule.  It would be nice to still have one or two books at home now so that I'm not without books.

What do you think?  All at once or staggered?

4 comments:

  1. I have a 7 month old so I hear you on the sleep thing messing with reading (and everything else!) :) I like to stagger books so I can focus on the one I'm currently reading. Our library is a short walk away though so it makes for a nice way to get outside often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! I have lived within walking distance of a library once, and I loved it. We're out in the country now which has it's own perks but not walking distance to library.

      Delete
  2. If it was me, I would do what you're currently doing - check out all at once to reduce library trips. This post is reminding me that I should probably be using my local library a lot more than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love my local library! I used to be a total book hoarder, and then tracking with Goodreads converted me. Plus there is something special about a library.

    ReplyDelete