Friday, January 22, 2016

Gilead: Review

2016 Reading Challenge care of Modern Mrs. Darcy


Gilead by Marilynne Robinson


By Marilynne Robinson

A book you’ve Previously Abandoned

Oh gosh, y’all.  I should have kept this one abandoned.  To be honest, I had forgotten that I’d tried to read this one already.  It was before the handy dandy record keeping days of goodreads, and it’s a Pulitzer Prize winner that I hear about all the time.

This was not for me.  It was suppose to be written in the style of a letter of  a dying man to his son.  But often is takes on the tone of a journal.  And it reads like a haphazard, willy nilly journal.  Not like a novel journal that follows some logical order and some reason for the different scenes included.

The Journal Diaries - JOSE'S MOLESKINE http://www.seaweedkisses.com/2014/07/the-journal-diaries-joses-moleskine.html:



Maybe there is some high brow literary theme that went over my head, but all I can comment on is how tedious this book was.  Unless you are hard core into southern literature or religious literature, I’d skip this one if I could go back in time.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment