Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Light Between Oceans: Book Club


 Could you live alone on an island?

This novel is set on a very southern island of Australia, Janus, where two oceans merge.  The main character, Tom, becomes a lighthouse ward after the war.  After a whirlwind romance with Isabel, the two move out to Janus to live, alone.

Map of Australia. Obviously.
Source

A ship visits twice a year to provide provisions and mail supply.  They have telegram services, but that is their only means of communication.  In today’s day and age, this idea is nearly inconceivable to me.  I can’t tell you how many times a day I check email.  It’s a lot.  And I don’t have a smart phone.

While nonprofit marketers spend a lot of time crafting great email content, it is just as important to give thought to those email’s designs. Here are 6 design tips to help you craft great looking emails that wow readers.:
Source

I like our little plot of land, isolated from the crush of neighbors, but I also like being 15 minutes from a very fancy Kroger and 20 minutes from Target and our specialty pet store.  I’d also love a high speed internet option that was not data driven.  While the mystic of island living certainly hits a spot with me, I doubt I would last very long.

thailand islands: one of the top 10 world's cheapest exotic travel destinations. http://www.topinspired.com/top-10-cheapest-exotic-travel-destinations-in-the-world/:
Source


How about you?  Need an isolation reboot?

No comments:

Post a Comment