Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Lake House: Recommendations

If you liked The Lake House by Kate Morton…

The Lake House


Complex Mysteries
The Girl on the Train

Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: This murder mystery reminded greatly of the first half of Gone Girl.  I didn't finish Gone Girl because I had already seen the movie, and they were almost identical.  This novel lends itself even more traditionally in the mystery genre, but it had just enough depth that I really enjoyed it.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Series by Steig Larson: These novels had a completely different feel than The Lake House.  Where The Lake House had a soft, almost homey atmospheric feel to it, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is raw and masculine.  I recommend it for two reasons.  One: I don't generally like mysteries so my options were very limited.  Two: This twisting, turning suspenseful plot is very complex and entertaining.  Be warned that it took me at least half the novel to really get hooked on this series.  After that, I devoured all three like they were going out of style.

Based in pastoral England


The Shell Seekers



The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher: This novel has the same atmospheric feel as The Lake House.  The reader is transported to pastoral England.  The descriptions are so lovely and vivid I can see the English cottages, the lush but pristine gardens, the English sea shores.  It lacks the murder mystery aspect but is probably the closest match in recommendations.

Jane Austen complete Penguin book set.:
Source
Anything by Jane Austen

By Kate Morton


Kate Morton books :)- These were all so good:
Source


Trust me, if you liked The Lake House, you will like any of Kate Morton's novels.  They all have unique stories and characters, but have the same basic skeleton.  You'll love them all or none of them.

Do you have any recommendations if you like Kate Morton?

No comments:

Post a Comment