Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cinder: Recommendations

It was not easy to scour the ranks of books I have read - of which there are many - to pick recommendations for Cinder fans.  To start, I haven't read nearly as many young adult books as any other fiction type of book.  When I was young, there was not the variety of selection of young adult novels as there is now.  Now that I am an adult, it takes a special young adult novel to catch my attention.

Young Adult books that adults will LOVE! The best list!! So many good books. YA isn't just for kids.:
Source

I'm also planning to publish my favorite young adult series tomorrow which just about cleared out my good options.  As a result, there are only three books I have to recommend, but I recommend them wholeheartedly.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: These books have probably been read by anyone who would already have any interest in reading them.  However, the adventure, lovable characters, and fantasy aspects are a dead ringer if you liked Cinder.

Bridge to Terabithia


Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson: It has been awhile since I've read this one, but I remember it fondly where few stand out.  It is written for a slightly younger audience than Cinder and The Hunger Games.  It is still a feel good, sweet, fantastical adventure.

Looking for Alaska


Looking for Alaska by John Green: This young adult novel is a realistic portrayal of teenagers at a private boarding school.  While I probably would not actually recommend it for a young adult - as it deals with some very heady, difficult topics - it is a very well written, adventure novel.  It is not a feel good read, however.

Do you prefer feel good young adult reads?  Or more realistic ones that deal with tough topics?

No comments:

Post a Comment