Monday, December 28, 2015

American Wife: Book Club


Care Packages

Taya Kyle briefly mentions the care packages she would send her husband, but I know what a welcome respite these little trinkets are to soldiers.  I’m not sure exactly how to go about giving a random care package, but I know what my husband continues to remember about his.

Next time you create a care package, be sure to include some of these things to make it your best care package ever.:
Source

He remembers the packages of girl scout cookies he got, Christmas cookies and fudge.  When in doubt, send sweets.  Just the other day he was telling us, once again, of how all his buddies gathered around his baked goodies.  They were always good to share.  I think.

It was the little things that I enjoyed sending him most.  Those little things that only I knew he would need.  For example, fingernail clippers were always disappearing and continue to disappear even today so every care package had fingernail clippers in them.

Cookie care package- I included nesquik chocolate milk, chips ahoy, Oreos, wafflers, butter butters and a cup so he can dip his milk:
Source

I also sent letters nearly every day while he was deployed.  Being his girlfriend then fiancĂ© then wife, this is probably no surprise.  I was surprised when he came home with letters from people he barely knew or didn’t know at all.  It didn’t surprise me that he got them, but it surprised me that he kept them.

During this time of year, it is nice to remember that this is a small thing my family can do for other families.  And I hope to have my ducks enough in a row next year to get a care package together either for one of his buddies still serving or just anyone.

Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel Care package for Military Deployment:
Source


What would you send to a soldier overseas?

No comments:

Post a Comment